Beauty and the Bayou has moved. Head over to www.BeautyandtheBayou.com -- The new and improved website!

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Nude Pumps for Darker Skintones

When I'm browsing around on Pinterest and I see celebrities and style bloggers wearing drool-worthy nude pumps that just blend in perfectly with their skin, I can't help but get a little envious. Every girl needs at least one pair of leg line extending, sexy nude pumps. The only problem is that I can never find a pair that match my lovely dark skin-tone perfectly. Nude pumps are a closet staple because they match everything
I've perused the internet for gorgeous pumps for every skin tone, at every price point and every heel height because doesn't everyone deserve to look chic?




Olive Skin

Finding shoes to match olive skin can be a daunting task. While many of the shoes may be close to your skin tone they often have a pink-ish undertone to them that really can throw off your look. Here are a few viable options if you fall into this category.

 Christian Louboutin


 Rockport
    Kate Spade


Medium Brown Skin


This is the category that my skin tone falls into. When I'm searching for nude shoes I find that if I replace the word 'nude' with 'cognac' I get shoes that are close, if not a perfect watch to my skin-tone. This works for me because I have reddish undertones, much like Tika Sumpter. Estelle's undertones are cooler and more neutral, while Bre Scullark has yellow undertones. It is important to keep undertones in mind when shopping for nude shoes.

 Pour La Victoire

Narciso Rodriguez

 Michael Kors


Deep Skin





People who are blessed with this rich skin tone often have a difficult time finding the perfect pair of nude pumps. Much like in the make-up industry, people with dark skin are often given limited options in terms of nude pumps. Try searching for 'brown' pumps or 'dark brown pumps' to generate results that cater to your skin tone. Also keep undertones in mind when shopping! 
 Michael Antonio
 Ann Taylor
 Steve Madden

As women of color we face a great challenge in finding nude pumps that go beyond the narrow definition that the fashion industry has created. I hope this guide was helpful to you and if you're dying to see more nude pumps check out my Google Shortlist for more of my favorites.

Until next time,

- The Kelley Doll












4 comments :

  1. Best thing I have ever read!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your stories coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tips you got here.Lovely Blog!
    Enjoy your new Week
    x
    Http://www.fashiongalorelovers.com

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Conversion Stats

Total Pageviews

About Me

My Photo
New York, New York, United States
These are the musings of a starving college student... Young, broke and fabulous! Complete with rants, raves, reviews... whatever!