Beauty and the Bayou has moved. Head over to www.BeautyandtheBayou.com -- The new and improved website!

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Beauty Blogger Tag!

The beauty blogger tag has been floating around the blogosphere, so I thought it would be fun to join in. So here goes:

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My natural hair is a beautiful mix of kinks and curls. I love it! Right now I have in a sew in weave with straight hair though.


2. What is your natural hair colour?
Dark brown almost looks black.


3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon? I don't color my hair, but every now and then I'll throw in some light brown tracks.


4. How often do you wash your hair?
Oh wow, this is embarrassing and I don't want to answer but when I have a weave in, I go about 2 weeks between washes. When I wear my natural hair it's every other day.

5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it? Most days I'm just wearing Nike shorts and T-shirts because yes I'm a typical college student. Although some days I'll wear cool band tees or something to class. My most fashionable moments are when I go out on the weekends. I love to wear cute dresses, high waist shorts and crop tops.


6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon? Most of the time I do my own nails because it's cheaper and I'm actually good at it. Sometimes I'll treat myself to a mani-pedi at the salon though.


7. How often to you change your nail polish? When I get tired of it or when it starts to chips-- Whichever comes first.


8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer? Ha! Yeah mainly in the summer. NO SHAME.


9. How long does it take to put on your makeup? If I'm doing makeup to go out it can be 45 minutes to an hour. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to that and I don't like to be rushed.


10. What do you do first? Face or eyes? I usually do my eyes first because I like to apply a few coats of Diorshow eyelash primer and let it dry in between. So I'll apply a coat of primer then work on my face while the primer dries. Once the first coat of eyelash primer dries I go back over it with a second coat, and a third coat, and a fourth coat and so on... until  have on like 20 coats of mascara. Yay! 


11. Do you "collect" makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?  

Sometimes I'll buy makeup just because there's a lot of hype around it and I want to see what the hype is about but for the most part I only buy makeup when I need it or when I find a product I really want to try.

12. How often do you wear false eyelashes? Definitely not during the day, but if I'm going out somewhere like a club I always go for falsies.


13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day? No I am too lazy and makeup is expensive. I must conserve.


14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)? No -- I'm way too lazy for all that.

15. Will you leave the house without makeup? Yes, all the time! I'm not a morning person so I try to keep my morning routine as short as possible by not wearing makeup on most days.

16. How many high end products do you have? Much more than I used to. -- Thank you Sephora!

17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes? Not often enough. *Slaps wrist*

18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed? I definitely decide when I'm getting dressed.

19. How often do you change your handbag? 
When I get tired of it.

20. What time do you get up & go to sleep? Most days I try to get to bed by 9pm and wake up before 6am for my morning spin class.


21. How often & when do you workout? I work out in the mornings, about 2 to 3 times a week.


22. Left-handed or Right-handed? Right.


23. How tall are you? 5 foot 4 inches, although I wish I were taller.


24. Do you speak a foreign language? I actually know a lot of Spanish and I know a little bit of Hebrew from speaking it around family and at the temple. But I can't read Hebrew.

25. How many pets do you have? Back home we have 3 dogs and 3 puppies that my dog Heidi just had not too long ago. They are so adorable! 


26. How often are you on Blogger? About once a month, but I am trying to blog more.


27. Do you read the comments posted blogs? The comments are the best part!


28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts? Absolutely, I usually just put it in my beauty bag on the Sephora App.


29. How did you come up with your blog name?  Beauty and the Bayou is just a play on words referencing here in Louisiana because we've got lots of bayous. I just thought it would make for a cute name. 


30. What kind of camera do you use for photographs? Up until recently, an iPhone but I got a Nikon. Thanks, Mom! 


31. How often do you clean your house? I try to clean up as I go and then once a week devote a day to more in depth cleaning. According to how my schedule is going, that may or may not happen all the time.


32. What is your favourite colour? Pink, but oddly I don't wear it often unless I'm wearing pajamas... because I only sleep in pink. ;)


33. What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine?
I'm more of a blog type of person. I love Fashionista.com!

34. Do you swear? When I'm driving, because Baton Rouge drivers are the WORST.


35. What are you doing with the rest of your day? Going to sleep. I have a 6:30 am spin class.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Twitter Conversion Stats

Total Pageviews

About Me

My Photo
New York, New York, United States
These are the musings of a starving college student... Young, broke and fabulous! Complete with rants, raves, reviews... whatever!