Beauty and the Bayou has moved. Head over to www.BeautyandtheBayou.com -- The new and improved website!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Oh the woes of my first apartment

I am in desperate need of some interior design inspiration. I've always dreamed of what it would be like to have my own apartment. For sure I'd decorate it to the nines. However, between my hectic lifestyle of work and school I haven't done anything with my very first apartment. I've got a whole pinborad of ideas for decor but alas, I've attempted none.

Fear not, once I get some free time I plan on putting up some lovely decorations. I just need some inspiration. I also need things that are aestetically pleasing as well as functional. Utilizing space efficiently is one of my biggest concerns. Also I share a bathroom with one of my roomates and I don't want to hog up the bathroom getting ready.

So I was thinking I could get a vanity for my room. I'm not sure which route to go. I could build one, which probably isn't going to happen. Or my other option is to buy an old one from Goodwill or something and repaint it to modernize it.

It would certainly make for a fun project. Stay tuned as I'll be updating ya'll on my progress with decorating my room. And if anyone has any ideas for how I can spruce up my living space, feel free to leave a comment.

2 comments :

  1. I can give you an advice to have a super creative decoration for 0 money...
    You go in the backyard of supermarkets, discounts, factories ect...
    You take everything you can reuse.
    You create et reinvent your own furnitures.
    On FB there's a page called HANDIMANIA , there are a lot of ideas.
    Thanks following us on bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for the tips, I checked out the HANDIMANIA and there are some awesome ideas!

      Delete

Twitter Conversion Stats

Total Pageviews

About Me

My Photo
New York, New York, United States
These are the musings of a starving college student... Young, broke and fabulous! Complete with rants, raves, reviews... whatever!