Beauty and the Bayou has moved. Head over to www.BeautyandtheBayou.com -- The new and improved website!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Blair Waldorf

Imagine the glamour of being backstage during fashion week, or having a closet stocked with all designer clothes. On the hit TV show, Gossip girl this is a reality for Blair Waldorf (played by Leighton Meester). Blair is queen bee at her private school in Upper East Side Manhattan and her mom is a fashion designer. She has a very classic preppy style, which is probably a result of her respect for upscale tradition. She loves Audrey Hepburn and classic movies. This shows in her style of clothing. Blair’s style is very simple, elegant, and feminine. When she wears accessories they are tasteful and she never allows her accessories to overwhelm her outfit.
Blair's signature accessory is the headband.
Here Blair is wearing a light brown headband with a bow to compliment the bow on her shirt. This bow motif shows Blair's distinct femininity. It also shows how she allows her accessories to work with her outfit as opposed to letting the accessories steal the show. She pulls this look off flawlessly. I love it, the bows are so cute!






Blair is very old fashioned. That would explain why she wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of jeans. She's always wearing a skirt, it's usually a pleated skirt. Her skirts always stop just before the knee. Even though Blair's skirts are long she always wears some form of leggings or knee highs under her skirt. I'm the same way. My mother is always getting on me about wearing my old lady tights, but I just don't think it's proper for a young lady to wear a skirt and not wear some form of concealment for her legs, but not those hideous brown stockings that old ladies wear at church. (Yuck, the ones with the runs at the ankle that doubles as a headtie at night.)




What I like about Blair is that she puts a modern spin on her old fashioned values. She doesnt wear hideous church stockings, but she might pair one of her simple conservative skirts with bright leggings or a pair of muted knee highs embroidered with a simple pattern. In the picture to the left Blair is sporting a nautical look red patterned tights.




Blair is my fashion icon! Every Monday night I tune into Gossip Girl for the sole purpose of seeing what blair is going to wear.


I hope you guys enjoyed this article. This is my first post and I've been
working so hard on it for the past couple of months. Please leave feedback and constructive criticism.

Thanks!

-Jane



Works Cited:
gossipgirlinsider.com

2 comments :

  1. Blair is also my fashion icon too ! : D . Hey check out my polyvore page on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool!
    I'm glad you liked it
    what's your url?
    I'd be happy to check out your blog

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Conversion Stats

Total Pageviews

About Me

My Photo
New York, New York, United States
These are the musings of a starving college student... Young, broke and fabulous! Complete with rants, raves, reviews... whatever!